We are here to build a strong and inclusive community in Surry Hills. We have been working with the local community of Surry Hills since 1978 to promote social justice, diversity and inclusion. SHNC provides a space for everyone whether you wish to connect to your community, access support, learn something new, or have the opportunity to contribute back.
Our objectives and philosophies:
- Listen too and respond to our community
- Work alongside the community to develop our existing programs and to develop new programs and services
- Play an active role in the community by building relationships with other community organizations
- For the Surry Hills Community Centre to be welcoming service to all that are involved
- Value all individuals within our organizations, from those who use the organization to staff and volunteers
- We respect difference and diversity within the community and respect people equally regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexuality, politics, wealth and state of health. We will not accept intolerance of differences in the aforementioned. We require this of all staff, volunteers and from all of our clients and service users.