Free Tax Help
Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre provides assistance for people to complete Tax Returns through the Australian Taxation Office Tax Help Program. Free Tax Help is available to low income earners and operates from early July until the end of October at the end of the financial year.
Tax Help is only for personal income tax returns (not Business) and is only for the current Tax Year.
You are eligible for Tax Help in 2016–17 if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
- work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax (CGT)
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
For more information, see the ATO Website.