We offer attractive spaces with modern facitlities to the community at affordable room hire prices. These include a Meeting Room, a Function Room and a Computer Lab all located in the new Surry Hills Community Centre. (see below for room specifications).
If you run a community group or small business that needs space on a regular basis, or you are interested in conducting a group meeting, please contact our administration officer on 02-9356 4977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. They will happily assist you with the room hire application process and inform you of the availability for casual venue bookings. Please note that we currently do not have any availability for ongoing weekly bookings.
All small businesses and community groups are welcome to apply including:
- Martial arts clubs
- AA and dependency rehabilitation meetings
- Literature clubs, poetry, book reading etc.
- Computer training courses
- Art and craft groups
- Music appreciation groups
- Dance clubs and classes
- Card playing groups
The SHNC evaluates each application on its merits, and reserves the right to decline any application.
Several spaces are available for casual daytime bookings and evenings spaces are also available. Leaders of groups or organisations renting a space will be required to undertake an induction program (on access, security and safety in the Surry Hills Library and Community Centre) prior to commencing their activities.
A description of the spaces available include:-
- Meeting Room able to seat 8-10 people around table, suitable for business meetings, support groups, etc.
- Function Room can accommodate 80 people seated theatre style, or 48 seated around 8 tables. Can be divided into two, with separate AV facilities at either end.
We also have a modern, spacious kitchen located right next to the hall for convenience when preparing refreshments and cleaning afterwards.