Vegan Creamy Broccoli Soup
This vegan creamy broccoli soup is made with tons of veggies, has the most luxurious texture and tastes like it has cheese. Such an easy and healthy recipe!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini , chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots , chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 – 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt & pepper as needed
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Once hot add the zucchini, carrots, onion and garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the broccoli, raw cashews, vegetable broth, and water. Bring the mixture to a bowl, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the broccoli is soft.
- Transfer this mixutre to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture back into the pot and stir in the almond milk, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice. Taste and add a touch more salt and pepper if needed (or red pepper flakes if you like spice!).
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 669mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4196IU | Vitamin C: 91mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 2mg