Vegetarian Japanese Pancakes
Also called okonomiyaki, these Asian savoury pancakes are delicious and healthy. You can experiment with these too. Add noodles, tuna, other vegetables to create your own version.
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) canola oil
- 320g green cabbage
- 270g zucchini
- 50g spring onions
- 110g almond meal
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) tamari
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) mayonnaise
- Slice one spring onion and set aside for garnish.
- Grate the cabbage, zucchini and remaining spring onions.
- Lightly beat the eggs with the tamari, sesame oil and the sweet chilli sauce.
- Add the almond meal followed by the vegetables.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of canola oil in a medium frying pan, add a quarter of the batter and cook until bubbling.
- Flip and cook through. Set aside and keep warm and repeat for the remaining 3 pancakes.
- Drizzle each pancake with mayonnaise, then sprinkle with the reserved chopped spring onion.