Do you find it difficult to get out and about? Our excursions are a great opportunity to get out of the home more often and meet with others.
We run a monthly social outing in partnership with Access Sydney Community Transportfor people from a variety of backgrounds. We welcome people who are culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD). Come and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Greater Sydney and meet new people at the same time.
When: The bus departs from the following locations at the times listed:
- 8:00am : Redfern Centre (9 Ogden Lane, Redfern)
- 8.15am : Northcott Building (main entrance, Belvoir St)
- 8:30am : Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre (405 Crown Street)
- The bus returns to Sydney at 3:00pm.
Where: Please see the table below for list of outings for the year.
Cost: $10 per person. All other expenses incurred including lunch are additional to the bus transport cost and are paid by passengers.
Eligibility: As this is a Commonwealth Home and Community Care (HACC) service you will need to meet the HACC eligibility requirements:
- Aged 65 years and over (or 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people),
- At risk of premature or inappropriate admission to long term residential care, or
- A carer of an older Australian
- Living within City of Sydney
There are only 20 passenger seats on the bus, so you must book early. First come, first served! Please note that you can only book in for trips one month in advance.
You will need to register with Access Sydney Community Transport.