If you find it tricky to get out and about, our excursions are a great way to explore new places and meet new people. We run a monthly social outing for people from a variety of backgrounds, including those who are culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD).
Note: Currently on hold due to Covid-19
When: The bus departs from the following locations at the times listed and returns to Sydney at 3pm.
- 8am – Redfern Centre (9 Ogden Lane, Redfern)
- 8.15am – Northcott Building (Belvoir Street)
- 8.30am – Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre (205 Crown Street, Surry Hills)
Cost: $10 per person – any other expenses (including lunch) are additional and to be paid by passengers.
Eligibility: This is a Commonwealth Home and Community Care (HACC) service, so you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Aged 65 years and above, or 50 and above for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Someone who is at risk of premature admission to long-term residential care or the caretaker of an older Australian
- A resident of the City of Sydney
There are only 20 passenger seats on the bus, so early bookings (up to one month in advance) are essential – first come, first served! You will need to register with Access Sydney Community Transport. Please contact us via phone (02 9356 4977) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or for help with registration.